Friends of the Library
Friends book store
The Friends of the Scott County Public Library is now located by the front entrance. Call the library at 502-863-3566 or email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support, extend and enhance the work of the Scott County Public Library.
Who we are
The Friends of the Scott County Public Library was founded in 1975, and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which serves as a support group for the library. Members often volunteer their time and talents to assist with special events at the library. They raise funds by operating the Friends Book Store that is located inside the library, and by conducting an annual “Holiday Silent Auction.”
The proceeds are then used for:
- Staff appreciation events
- Summer Reading prizes and programs
- Special furnishings and equipment for the library
- One $1,000 college scholarships to students studying library science or a related field
- Grants for "Celebrate with Books" Project
For more information or to volunteer your time and talents, call the library or contact the Friends at email@example.com.
What We Do
The Friends of the Scott County Public Library have served as an extension into the community, spearheading many collaborative projects and partnerships.
The Friends are active in a variety of ways:
- Provide materials, furnishings and equipment for the library
- Sponsor library programs, for adults and children
- Conduct an annual meeting
- Inform the public about library activities and promote involvement
- Collaborate with other local groups for the community good
- Manage Friends bookstore and special bargain book sales.
- Provide books to the Ed Davis Learning Center and other groups through the “Celebrate with Books” program.
- Award an annual academic scholarship
The Friends Holiday Silent Auction
It's time to have some fun with holiday gifts and decorating! The Friends of the Scott County Public Library are once again sponsoring their Holiday Silent Auction. Bidding on gift baskets and holiday decorations will begin on Monday, November 8th and run through Wednesday, November 24th. Please come in to the library during this time to view the entire items. Click here to browse some sample of items that are up for bid.