Select from the list of patron services below to learn more.
Meet with a staff member for a one-on-one appointment. Appointments may include technology assistance, resume help, and exam proctoring.
Click here For more information or Book an appointment.
The notary service is by appointment only at this time. Please call the Scott County Public Library (502-863-3566) to confirm availability. Please have your documents completed, but do not sign until the notary is present. The library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the library. A witness must personally have known the signer prior to the notarization. Photo identification for all signers and witnesses is required. The following types of photo ID are acceptable if they are not expired:
- Valid driver’s license or identification card issued by a U.S. state United States passport
- Other U.S. government-issued identification card that includes a picture and the signature of the person.
All signers must be present at the time of the notarization.
As a public service and to support the goal of lifelong learning, the Scott County Public Library provides free exam proctoring, subject to availability of personnel, facility, and technology.
The library has a copier in the Technology Hub area that makes black/white and color copies. The charges for copies are:
Single-side, black and white — $0.10
Double-side, black and white — $0.20
Single-side, color — $0.50
Double-side, color — $1.00
Scans documents to email — Free service
Print wirelessly from all mobile devices, including laptops, tablets and smartphones. Submit print jobs from home or in the library.
To learn more about library's computers and printing, click here
3D printing is available at the Scott County Public Library at a price of $0.10 per gram of material used, rounded up to the nearest gram.
- Printing is available on a first come, first served basis and is done by Library staff.
- Priority printing is given to Library programs and events.
- Persons wanting to print should bring their file on a USB flash drive to the Library during open hours. Staff will add the model to the printing queue.
- File must be submitted in. STL format. Object must be smaller than 10″ x 10″ x 10″
- Due to the popularity of the printer, we can only print items that require less than 6 hours printing time.
- Only one print request at a time will be accepted. (Print job must be picked up before submitting another print request.)
- Patrons will be notified by email or phone when print job is finished. All files will be deleted at that time. The Library recognizes that an original design is the property of the designer and designs will not be duplicated for others.
- Items printed from Library 3D printers that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the Library. Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them.
The Library’s 3D printers may be used for lawful purposes only. The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printers to create material that are:
Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
Business card pouch – $0.50
8×10 pouch – $1.00
Large jobs – $2.00 per square foot
Can I laminate my Social Security card? Do not laminate your card. Lamination prevents detection of many security features. You may cover the card with plastic or other removable materials if it does not damage the card.