Science In Play2go brought to you by Kentucky Science Center
Join us throughout the summer for this Special Children’s Exhibit from the KY Science Center. Big Blue Blocks, Giant Light-Bright, Roller Coaster Building, Hands-On Science and fun crafts. Exhibit runs June 4-August 28 in the Youth Department.
- Kentucky Science Center’s is excited to announce Science in Play2Go (SIP2Go), a miniature version of Kentucky Science Center’s signature Science in Play exhibit, is now open at Scott County Public Library from June 4th through August 28th in the Youth Department!
- The elements of the exhibit including creating your own rollercoaster, engineering with big blocks in Build Your World, or visiting the Shapes and Stuff Store – encourage open-ended thought, collaboration, and creativity – fundamental skills that provide the foundation for future learning.
- The travelling exhibit is open to the community during normal library hours. Field trips and group visits to SIP2Go are encouraged! Groups, including schools and local community centers, may contact the library directly to arrange a visit. SIP2Go is designed to serve as a resource to the community, providing at-home activities for parents and caregivers to Do Science with children and tools to help facilitate early-childhood learning. Please call the library and ask for Youth Department to set up group visits to the exhibit at 502-863-3566.
- With open-ended play, collaboration, and the opportunity to be creative, Science in Play2Go helps children become more confident, capable learners in their first years of school and then for life!
- SIP2Go is provided FREE of charge to communities and participating libraries thanks to the support and partnership of the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives (KDLA).
Designed specifically for children ages 8 and under, SIP2Go is built around the twin concepts of open-ended play and “loose parts” – materials that can be reimagined in countless ways – allowing children to naturally develop 21st century learning and STEAM skills.